![]() |
| My little Mermaid and Pirate! |
Wow. That is all I can say. It amazes me when I think back to all that we, as a family have done and seen and learned in this short year.
It is so hard to say goodbye. I
really don’t want to leave Easton's First Year, but today will be my official
last day.
Did I mention how much I hate goodbyes?
I woke up this morning and immediately smiled as I started reminiscing on how God decided to surprise us
and send us our rough and tough lil blessing 3 weeks early on his big sister's birthday! It was a Sunday night and we had just gone into Destin to let Madileigh make a build-a-bear to wake up with on her birthday! We stopped to eat at Chile's and I did not feel a single thing.. I just knew because I wasn't feeling anything that my lil man was ready! (I still don't know what a contraction feels like after 2 pregnancies!) But just like his sister, he was not kicking or moving at all. So I went in to make sure everything was ok and they admitted me at 4cm. 12 hours later this healthy and
beautiful little pirate sprung forth from my belly to make our family complete and has been a shining light in our lives since the day he joined us.
And so, weighing in at a healthy 22.3 lbs and a very lengthy 30 1/2 inches, Easton is now a whole finger big. Everyday he cracks me up with his goofy faces and new found dancing abilities!
And now, because this day is double special, I have to elaborate on my cuddly and kind-hearted, feisty, competitive, bossy, extremely vocal, sassy, and beautiful little mermaid princess who is topping the scales at a whopping 29.8 lbs and stands a towering 39 inches. My little Madileigh is over half of a hand big. Geez! Wearing her size 3T shorts, cinched at the waist so they'll stay up, and her favorite new Ariel shirt she is certainly one of a kind! She makes everyday in our house a roller coster ride with her sense of humor and her new found 'joke telling'! I know “they” sure weren’t lying about the time flying by.
I hate it so much but I had to work today because I would love nothing more than to wake up singing loud to my sweet angels and spend the whole day catering to them! So this morning I settled with singing softly and all day yesterday we celebrated!! For their special day, Madileigh chose Minnie Mouse pancakes for breakfast, Peanut butter and jelly shapes for lunch, Pasgetti (spaghetti) for supper and then of course she had some chocolate! We danced a lot and played many imaginary scenarios involving light up mermaids, sea turtles, ariel, spiderman (as the DAD obviously), making tents for la la loopsy to camp, had all her babies riding in a parade on Easton's construction trucks and made some pretty bracelets!
![]() |
| Silly lil man! |
| Making tents for our la la loopsy! |
| Stealing the book so Easton cant play! =( |
![]() |
| Making our princess parade! |
We had a Mermaid gal and Pirate Pal birthday party last weekend where they played on a water slide with their friends and ate tons of sugar! We will have another one this weekend at home so they can share their birthday with their Florida friends! Im sure it will involve more sugar and be just as perfect!!
(Pics from both parties to follow shortly!)
![]() |
| Melts my heart! |
So here is my Happy Birthday to my angels.
Madileigh-3.
Easton-1.
My babies have grown so much and are such amazing blessings every day. They make me laugh, scream, smile, cry, love and are the reason for my existence. God has given me an awesome life by throwing in these two little curve balls. They keep me on my toes and I love every single second of being called "Mommy" by the two of them!
This is the list of Birthday questions I started with Madileigh this year. Easton is still too young. =(
I tried to write the responses just like she gave them!
1. What is your favorite color? “Ummm….. Blue.”
2. What is your favorite toy? “My mermaid. Yes.”
3. What is your favorite fruit? “Walemelon!” (Watermelon)
4. What is your favorite movie? “Ice age.. With da
dinosaurs, not the baby. "
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? “Ummm…
cheese!“
6. What is your favorite outfit? “My flower dress.”
7. What is your favorite game? (Had to change it to what is
your favorite thing to do? “Umm… paint!!“
8. What is your favorite snack? “Teddy bears.”
9. What is your favorite animal? “It’s a moo cow. Here it
is!” (And she showed me one of Easton’s farm animals!)
10. What is your favorite song? (kid you not, she busted out
with...) “Up where dey walk, up where dey run, up where dey stay all day in the
suuuuuuuuuun! Wonferdin free, wish I tould be, part of dat
woooooooooooooooorlld!” So Ariel is her favorite and it is just beautiful!
11. What is your favorite book? “My princess songs.”
12. Who is your best friend? “Olivia. Yes.“
13. What is your favorite cereal? “Fruit Loops. Mommy,
Easton wants some!!“
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? “Um… I pick
up sticks like daddy!” (Ha really??)
15. What is your favorite drink? “Milk”
16. What is your favorite holiday? “Mommy, I goin to show
you….” (And walked to the craft board and pointed to some glitter hearts she
made) “I made this for yoooouuuu!” So this year it is Valentine’s Day! <3
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? “This
is my Melody…” (And she showed me the taggie on her favorite green blanket,
which is named ‘Melody’!)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? “Um…
Cookies!” (She is her mother’s child!)
19. What do you want for supper on your birthday? “Um… I
want ice cream.”
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? (Her first
response was “I didn’t throw up on the floor…” so I had to re-ask her and
clarify ha!) “I can be Ariel!! Mommy, you can be Melody! (I laughed) Mommy, I
goin to be MERMAID!!!!” (Then she flopped down on the floor and said) “Mommy I can’t
walk anymore, cuz I got mermaid…” (And she started holding her legs out like a
tail!!)
This was hilarious to do with her!! I didn’t expect her to
have some of these answers but it will be so much fun to compare her lists over
the years! I can’t wait until I can start doing this with both my babies!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment