Monday, February 13, 2012

Madileigh Moments Monday!


The language of love:


Of course it's delightful to have an affectionate 2-year-old around the house, but sometimes I'm amused by (and slightly suspicious of) the timing of Madileigh's proclamations of love. Say, for instance, I've been awake with my babies since 7 a.m., and by noon or 1 p.m., I slip into the bathroom for five minutes of privacy to finally brush my teeth and get myself together. Suddenly, I'll hear a rap-tap-tapping on the door and a little voice saying, "Mommy, mommy. I need to tell you something." Slightly annoyed, I might say, "What is it, Madi?" to which the small voice replies, "Mommy" ... dramatic pause ... "I love you."

Or, say, for instance, I've lost four games of “Wets play puzzle” in a row (Not that I'm a sore loser or anything, but I'll be two spaces away from completing it when I see that my mysterious missing pieces are under her little smiling booty and she miraculously wins the game.) Madi, of course, will want to play another round. So hoping to soften the blow of my defeat or butter me up, she'll say, "Mommy," (pause again) "I love you." Who can resist right?








No comments:

Post a Comment