Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I'm Praying For Katie!"


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7 

I have a heavy heart tonight thinking about my friend Katie. If you haven’t already seen, she was in a car accident and is in the LSU trauma center in New Orleans. This afternoon, and still, she is at the hand of the surgeons as they attempt to realign her spine. They will also be dressing her wounds and cleaning her burns. It pains me so much to even think about this happening to such a wonderful person. Katie is one of the most beautiful people you will truly ever meet. I have never met anyone who hasn’t instantly liked her.
Anyway, I recently read ‘The Help’ and I can’t help but think of how Abilene used to write her prayers and it seemed to help. So here goes. I am writing my prayer for Katie tonight:
Lord, I don't always understand your ways. Sometimes, I tend to ask “why?” but I trust You. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend Katie. Nourish her spirit and soul at this time of suffering and comfort her and her family with your presence. Let her know you are there. Give her strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in her life and also in mine. Please restore her to full health and let her be the physical inspiration she has always been to so many.
Katie is a believer and I know she will not give up. Give her that extra push when she needs it. As she is in recovery from this please let her look upon her wounds and have all fear removed from her heart. Let her find peace and beauty within and feel the tremendous influence she has on so many. Lord you are glorified through her life and she is a healing example.
Perform miracles on her and use her as Your own. You know my friend so much better than I do. You know her sickness and the burden she carries. You know her heart like no other. Please be with my friend now as You work in her life.
I selfishly ask that You heal her burns and comfort Mrs. Tina. As a mother I cannot imagine what she is going through and I pray that you wrap your comforting arms tight around her and shield her from all doubt and pain. Fill her heart with the unselfish love she so freely gives. Flood her mind with memories and with good times yet to come. May she be strong and continue to trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness. Let she and the rest of Katie’s family and Brooks be filled with patience and joy in Your presence as they wait for Your healing touch.
You are the one I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I know that what I am asking is Yours alone to give.
All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.
“The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” –Psalm 41:3

No comments:

Post a Comment