I am so glad to be home with my little darlins!! I am going to keep this short but I just had to share!
I know that God was with us today. It may seem petty to pray for what seems so little in the big scheme of things but I did. I prayed hard. As thankful and blessed as I am to have both my babies to come home to I prayed for the strength to smile and kiss both of them as I told them bye and headed to work. I tried not to cry. I really did. But it didn't work. Madileigh did so good and I am so proud of her! She had quite the crying spell before we left so I had to give her a pep talk. She knew it was coming when we turned on the road to the daycare and said "I no want to play today Mom.", "Mom I just go home." Ouch. That made it even worse! But luckily when she saw that her daddy was there to help me out she seemed better. The look on her face made me think that she knew I was strugglin not to cry and she had to be tough! I think Easton only cried because he could feel my sadness.
The first time away from my baby boy. I didn't like it at all. It was very hard for me not to just cry in the halls. We took Madi to her room first and then Easton. I like his new teachers, I really do. And they were just a smiling. I met them once last week and I think they could tell I would have a hard time today. As I was about to walk out the door, fighting tears with everything I had in me, his little teacher came up and hugged me and gave me a note. She told me not to worry and to read it when I got in the car. So I did:
Mrs. Spillman,
I gave you a little smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You’ve been with him from the beginning
And you’ve been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheek flow
I’ll love him as I would my own
And help him learn and grow.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more.
For I will love him and take him in
Each time you leave him at my door.
Ms. Sarah
What an angel. I cried my eyes out but it honestly does ease my mind a little bit just knowing that she took the time to give me that. It was another one of the many moments where all I can do is look up and say "I know that was you God, Thanks!"
 |
Trying to get them to wake up early is not fun!
My babies like their sleep for sure! |
No comments:
Post a Comment