Friday, August 26, 2011

My Little Fashion Nightmare...


She absolutely thinks she is going in public. Great.
From the moment I heard It’s a girl!”, I immediately envisioned pretty ruffled dresses, cute little bows and playing dress up!

That was until she hit two. I have thoroughly enjoyed dressing her and making sure her hair was fixed and had a bow everytime we left the house. She matched. She was in style. It was fun. Now she has become an independent, self-dressing fashion nightmare trading her pretty sundress for tee shirts, mismatching her dress-up clothes with her everyday clothes, pairing polk-a-dot pants with nightgowns, green striped shirts with pink leggings and even the socks with sandals statement. Of course these on the days I win the battle and she actually takes her Minnie Mouse pajamas off.

I still try to dress her, and sometimes succeed but she is always insisting on picking her own clothes and dressing herself. So, I redirect. I focus my battle--and it is, most days, an extreme battle--on getting her to be weather-appropriate, and just let the "fashion" slide… for now. Im sure she will eventually have a sense of fashion, or at least matching right? That is something all girls develop at some point isnt it?

Until then, there is this…
Amazing slipper.. I know!!!

tough decision on the shoe choice!

princess and reebok... classic!


oh yea you bet! those are absolutely horse pajamas!!!

It is summer... dont even know why she insists on pants!
The statement..... wow. And yes those socks say 'Tuesday'

No comments:

Post a Comment