Friday, August 19, 2011

Please Stay Little Forever...





As a mother, we must face the inevitable. As much as I hate that my children are growing, and way too fast, it is something I have to get used to. Madileigh helps me daily with this realization by being a complete sponge. It amazes me how much she picks up and copies. Her new thing now is saying "so" before her words, in a very sassy way I might add! For instance, Me: "Madi are you ready to eat?" Madi: "Yes. I sooo hungry!"
I know that she gets it from me. Because she mimics just about everything I say. For example, I know when her cries are "fake" and I often blow them off and just say "Really Madi.." And go about my business. Well now she has started saying "Weally Eeeson" every time he cries ha! Perfect. She is sassin him already!
One of my favorite things she says is "Madi workin, I busy".. Except now she uses it in perfect context. She says this when she doesnt want you to know what she is doing. Example: she can open the drawers in the kitchen. She does this because she likes to get her own "poon" out when its time to eat. However, I am not a fan of this because I have scissors and knives and what not in those drawers. Well  today I was rocking Easton while she played in the tupperware cabinet. Then she got very quiet and upon asking her what she was doing, the response I got was "Madi workin Momma, I busy." Well I got up to find her sneaking spoons and forks out of my drawers and into her baby doll stroller. Rotten. I will be looking for them for a week im sure.
Sometimes its quite funny when she uses this phrase tho and being the mom of the year I am, I do laugh at my children, usually as I am helping them but I digress. Anyway, she was squatted in the floor. Grunting. I know what this means. So I asked her, "Madi, do you need to go potty?" and she just screamed at the top of her lungs at me "No Momma, Madi working. I busy" and just proceeded like I wasnt there ha! I guess she was a aggravated that I interrupted her watching "Buuurds!"
But anyway, back to the inevitability of her getting entirely too big. Tonight my big brave girl completely broke my heart. I have cried a great portion of the night and havent slept a wink. But here I am, just getting back from her room again, from checking on her for the hundredth time and watching her sleep. Ugh. I do not like this. I honestly didnt think this day would come until she was at least 6. But it did. She asked me to sleep in "madi woom". I'll admit I was a little shocked. But I laid down with her.. Not thinking she would actually do it. I figured we'd read a story and be done... But then she kissed me and told me "No Momma, eeeson woom" and pointed to the door for me to leave. 

So I did. Unwillingly. With tears building up. I turned on her a night light and watched her snuggle Minnie Mouse and all her other babies and go to sleep. Like a big girl. In her own bed. Seriously?
Now dont get me wrong, I am really not a psycho mom, I am very proud of her.. But at the same time it just breaks my heart because I know it'll be this first and next she'll be too big for stories and songs and before I know it she wont even be asking me to play anymore. I just dont think I can take this kind of rejection.
Ouch. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment