Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oh just a little Hide and Seek...





I don't think I will ever be ready to go back to work. At all. Being a stay-at-home mommy, even temporarily, is an extremely rewarding job! My children complete me. Easton turned 5 weeks old yesterday and he is smiling all the time! It thrills Madi that he actually changes his expression from just sleeping, crying and sitting!  I am also finding more and more time to play with this sassy little thing during the day. Chores are getting done earlier. Easton is sleeping more and more.  And I still am not taking Madileigh to daycare for fear that she will bring something home! Which means we get to play.. all day!

Now she is wild. If Easton is anything like her, personality wise, I am gonna have my hands full! Her new thing is the alphabet! We are getting pretty good at it! She definitely has the tune down pat! And we have almost perfected her counting to 10!! It was “One… Two… Five… Nine… TEN!!!!” but she has gotten much better! One way we have improved this is by playing hide and seek! She loves it!! We take turns counting (she always cheats so I have to be fast) and we chase each other when found! Not sure why because I haven't even attempted to establish that whole “run to base” thing! I have to admit, I probably like playing this with her more than she does! The hysterical giggling that erupts every time I scream “There you are!” is priceless beyond measure!


 She has come up with some pretty impressive hiding spots tho. She hides in the cabinets (of course), in her closet, in her  tent, behind couches, in laundry baskets, between bar stools, behind doors and even UNDER the pack-n-play! (I leave that last one just for her!)


She is a firecracker. I get it. She is two. She is trying to be independent and figure everything out. I like that she's trying to run circles around me… the key is not to let her know when she has succeeded, or let her see my smile of "you go girl" approval as I turn away from yet another Madileigh-mini-meltdown over doing things “her” way! She is my angel. She is my heart. I am very proud of the little sassy girl she is and I pray she, and Easton, will always have a personality all their own!

















No comments:

Post a Comment