Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not so Potty Trained

I had every intention of having Madileigh potty trained before her brother got here. Ha. She was doing so good and she was getting better about telling us when she had to go. However, after getting her new baby doll that came with diapers (Thanks Uncle Justin and Cameron) and me having to change my "baby doll"'s diapers all the time in front of her, she has gone slightly in reverse.

So sweet and innocent.... NOT!!!
This realization hit me square in the face today. Pooping on the potty was her thing. I loved the thought of only having to change one child's poopy diapers. I think it is easier for her to tell when she has to poop that it is to pee. Maybe her bladder muscles just aren't strong enough yet. I digress.

Anyway, today I was rocking Easton, feeding him a bottle, as Madileigh sat at her table eating her bowl of fruit she wanted for breakfast. I am exhausted. As I am rocking I start to doze off a little. Then it hit me, like a garbage truck to the forehead. "Here Momma"... I half heartedly open my eyes thinking she was giving me a bite of her banana because we are starting the sharing phase full force in an attempt for her to stop taking Easton's paci. But No. Here is my 2 year old child standing at my feet with her fingers shoved up towards me covered in POOP! Nasty. What are you doing? What is that? Ugh. I wanted to swear at this moment. I really did. Then she said "It Poopy Momma" as if I didnt already know. Little Smart Butt. Ugh. Then off to the bathroom to clean up the disgustingness covering her hand.

Now I have had the occasional floaters in the tub with her but never the artistic poop walls, or the discolored floors everyone says are coming and to be honest I am really hoping this is not the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment