Thursday, September 1, 2011

Paging Polly Prissypants....

Possessed Polly Prissypants Has Taken Over My Child…


Whew!! What a day it has been! I started a new approach to potty training with Madi. I know that she has gone in reverse since Easton was born so Im not gonna rush her or push her in any way.. I am simply rewarding her!! She loves coloring and stickers and art so I started her a little simple chart and every time she uses the potty she gets to put a sticker on it! So far we have had success! She still had a couple wet diapers today but I think we are headed in the right direction!! 


I love bed time in my house!! I am a cuddler and I have raised my daughter to be one also! Being snuggled up beside my babies is the best place in the world to be!! We also love bath time!! I think Madileigh could literally play in the bath tub til her whole body was shriveled up like prune! She is definitely a water baby!


Anyway, today I also tried to establish a nap time because, lets face it, I am way to exhausted to continue this late night charade with her only to have to be up with Easton the second she falls asleep. This was an epic fail for day one. She woke up at 3:00 with her daddy so I thought surely she would take a nap.. But no. Im praying for better luck tomorrow! 


the favorite pink Minnie Mouse, too small, jammies!!
I have never been successful at my kids being on a routine. However it's just kind of a known thing that we get baths, put on our jammies, maybe read a little story and go to bed (eventually). Well just like any other night; Baths.. Check! Teeth brushed.. Check! Jammies.. Absolutely not! Possessed Polly has taken over that sweet innocent daughter of mine and I was so looking forward to peace and quiet at a descent time. Now first of all, she has multiple pair of Minnie Mouse jammies and gowns. This because it is her obvious favorite. Well now she has a favorite among favorites and will only wear the pink pair that are clearly getting to small (Hence the legs too short and the middrift). She gets out of the bath, goes to her jammie drawer and searches… unsuccessfully… (Me thinking: please be clean, please be clean) so she heads strait for the dryer after giving me the look of death… Whew! The pink ones are clean!


"I do it Mom" she told me as I held them out. Great, I think! After all she is becoming more independent! Well next thing I know she is screaming "I tan't do it" and crying. So of course I reach for the pajamas to help her and she just starts crying harder and screams "No. I do it Mom."


I could clearly see that this is going to be “One of those nights…” But tonight it's like a switch was flipped in her brain... All of a sudden she was just being crazy and unrecognizable. We went back and forth with the jammies situation until she was screaming and kicking and still unable to get her feet into the legs. I thought her head was gonna turn a complete circle. It didn't matter how calm my voice was as I tried to figure out what she wanted because at that point she didn't even know what she wanted, nor did she care.


Eventually I just sat there reading to her Minnie Mouse doll (who has to be present for all bedtime stories lately) waiting for this ‘Possessed Polly Prissypants’ attitude to leave my child's body. I knew if she could just let her head hit the pillow she would be out cold but she is a fighter!! After 2 stories I went to bed with the uncontrollable drama still coming from her bedroom. I know this tantrum stems from the fact that she refuses to take naps during the day and awoke way to early-which is now catching up to her. Grrr. As much as I wanted peaceful goodnight sugars I guess tonight I will just have to steal my kisses after her eyes are closed. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!!


But I sure do love watching my babies sleep... These are some good days of "night nights" and nap time....










2 comments:

  1. WOW, you sure have your hands full!! But they are sooooo adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I honestly dont know what to do with her sometimes... I just have to look at her and laugh!

    ReplyDelete