 |
| Looking for the dogs in the yard! |
As previously posted, I want to blog some of our "Madi Moments" in my Madileigh Moments Monday posts. So... Let me think... What did Madileigh do this week??? Hmm....
Crocodile Rock:
Well, as previously stated, Madileigh and I tend to sing and dance and act like fools in the car. Of course that would be the case when you add in the excitement of going home!! Well about 15 minutes into the trip it was my feelings that got hurt. I think she was just trying to draw first blood for the long ride ahead. (My lil mermaid and I were not meant to get along very well on long rides) and she knows it. Now I know I am young and it may be weird but I just love me some Elton John. I think that is why I love ‘Gnomeo and Juliet’ so much.. Because they play a lot of Elton songs throughout the movie. Well I have the ‘Gnomeo and Juliet’ version of Crocodile Rock on my iPod and Madileigh and I, ok mostly I, was acting a fool dancing to it in the truck! After a few seconds, I looked back to tell Madileigh “Get it Girl!!” and she was giving “the look”… She said “No Mom.” But the look had already said it all. It is a look that I often get with this sassy little thing lately and it burns me all the way to my heart. It is the look of embarrassment. And yes, she was embarrassed. Johnny found this hilarious which stung even more. I assure you there is nothing like the embarrassment of a 2 year old at their mother to really make you feel uncool. But that’s ok little one… you may not know it yet, but this is only the beginning!!
Make Up Your Mind:
 |
| Eating some sprinkles for a snack! |
I dont know what it is, and I always feel bad about it, but I almost always forget to give Madileigh a drink when I fix her food. I know, I know, I'm terrible. But anyway, Madileigh was sitting down eating breakfast and she said "I need milt (milk) Mom." Crap. "Ok baby Im so sorry!" and I rushed her a small glass of milk. As soon as I sat back down she said "Mom. I need water. Madi thirsty." Ok well she begged for pop tarts with extra sprinkles this morning so I thought maybe her mouth is just dry and she needs water instead of milk. So I got her a small glass of water and sat it beside her. (She is constantly staring at Mickey Mouse on the TV during all of this)... So I go back to my seat. "Mom... I need Tote (coke) Mom." Me: "No mam, you not drinking Coke for breakfast. Drink your water."... silence... A few seconds later I hear "I need Tea Mom." Well ok, crap. Maybe the milk is too think and she just wants some flavor. So I got her some tea and sat it down. At this point I didn't think about it but I didn't take the other drinks up because obviously she couldn't make up her mind and I was trying to get dressed... (She was still watching Mickey Mouse and eating) so I went back to getting myself dressed. After a few minutes I hear "Com here Mom."... "Just a minute baby, Mommy is almost done".... "Otay".... And then I heard some yelling coming from my sweet little innocent baby boy. Crap. Too late. Madileigh had already rubbed tea all down his legs and was in the process of putting water in his hair. "Madi what are you doing? You know better."....in her calm little 'big helper' voice... "Eason make mess. Needs bath Mom." Clever. Apparently Easton made the mess with the tea and she was clearly just helping him out by washing it off. My bad, I should've known.
WILD:
 |
| Sometimes the babies get a little loud! |
So on the ride home Madileigh was being very good in the back. She likes to let the windows down sometimes and she gets so tickled. Well Johnny was using this to his advantage and was playing little window games with her just to hear her laugh. I'll admit it was super cute! And then we got home... and as I was unpacking the car I realized that my sweet little innocent giggling princess threw one of her Sperry's out the window during her little game time with Daddy. Crap. Just what do you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment