Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Good And The Bad...

This was last night not this morning!
For some reason I have just had a lot on my mind today. Maybe its the rain. But I am just having a bad day. I already hate work and I haven't even gone back yet. I want to be out of the military so bad because I don't want to risk leaving my babies. I want my brother stateside. I don't want to have to take my kids to daycare next week. I miss my niece and nephews. I want to be closer to family. Grr. Life is hard when you grow up.


Madileigh is working hard on my nerves today. I think the rain is making her achy and very cranky and I am not a fan. At all. I know that becoming a parent intensifies every feeling you already have.. Every happiness. Every sadness. Every fear. There are so many things you can't possibly understand until you are a parent. So many shocking realizations. The one that's killing me right now is the realization that I can only control my child's behavior to a certain point. I can mold, I can teach, I can explain, I can love, I can show through example, but I cannot make this child be a particular way.

Today is no different. The best part of the morning, however, was when Madileigh threw her a nice little full-on tantrum.. Complete with sprawling out on the floor, head buried in her arms, yelling for all her life. It was awesome. Not. And upon simply asking her "Madi, what is wrong? I cant read your mind so you have to calm down and tell me..." She responds with "I JUST WANT MILK MOM." Wow. Seriously??


The child is, truly, a product of her mother. She is verbal, sassy, tenacious, silly, passionate, energetic, and bright. She is very outspoken and social. All wonderful qualities to inherit, I think.

But...also like her mother, she is obstinate, stubborn, and strong-willed. She knows what she wants when she wants it, constantly seems to question authority, and thinks she's pretty dang smart. (The fact that she is, in fact, pretty dang smart is part of the problem.)

90% of the time her good qualities outshine her bad. Everyone who knows her, loves her. 
It’s this other 10% of the time which is the wildness we are experiencing this morning that is causing me to age prematurely! 

I have said it before and I will say it again... This little girl is gonna give me a run for my money!! Lord please give me sunshine on this rainy day! 








No comments:

Post a Comment