Madileigh is getting smarter by the day and I seem to be getting slower. She knows it and I know it. What ever happened to "If you are good I will get you a new baby at the store" but then getting away with a bag of m&m's instead? That seemed easy.. But no.. I have been outwitted again. I made the mistake of trying to stop a meltdown in the car seat (which started because I forgot my iPod and she wanted to listen to Rio) by saying she could get a new baby if she would be nice and let her brother sleep! It worked.. We started counting (we are working on counting to 10 with our fingers now) and she was pleasant.
We went into the store on a mission. Two babies in the buggy means get in, get out. Bing, bang, boom. Both kids were quiet and peaceful for the most part and after we had everything we went in for I said "Alright baby let's go home and eat supper!"...."NO Mom." (she yelled at me. In public. Awesome.) "Madi, do not yell at me."..... "I GET BABY MOM." (with the added notorious look of death)..... Hmm. Yep, that lil game doesn’t work anymore. Off to the toys we went with every intention of grabbing a simple little Barbie to go with her 17 other babies of various sorts that she has collected in just 2 short years. Ridiculous. Ha Nope. Surprise again. Apparently if you say SHE can get a doll it clearly means SHE can PICK the doll or she embarrasses you by screaming at the top of her lungs like a wild banshee. (Just what do you do?? hmm. Cause I laughed!)
So needless to say we left Target happy. With a ‘so ugly its cute’, thirty dollar, pink, horse looking doll with old school troll hair that walks when you hold her hands, comes with a paci and literally does not stop talking. You don't even have to push it's hands and you here “Look, I can walk!!! He he he he”. Annoying. But Lord knows that baby is tickled to death over it and I guess that’s all that matters!
I swear sometimes she is just way too much. It's this rapid growing up that makes me often forget that she is only two...
What I mean by that is…she is learning more and more daily and saying more and doing more and she spends every day watching me hold her baby brother while feeding him and rocking him to sleep every night. She is becoming so sassy and independent and such a wonderful helper that I sometimes forget she needs to be held too.
Now believe me she gets countless kisses and hugs during the day, I praise her constantly for her help and the wonderful job she does, we play together, laugh together and she knows she is loved! (Even when she drives me mad until I have to laugh to keep from screaming!)
But on this particular night she asked to be rocked like Easton.. “I wanna wock too Mom”… so of course I obliged. I held her for an hour, rocking her and singing her nightly lullabies, while stroking her hair and rubbing her back. I realized that I miss this… she is my lil baby girl and I miss holding her.
I felt her breathing get heavy and knew she was sleeping hard. I gave her a final kiss goodnight and thanked her for asking mommy to rock her and we laid down.
Yes, she is only 2 and I do need to be reminded of that.
So tonight I would like to say thank you to my beautiful baby girl for allowing me the comfort of rocking you to sleep- what a wonderful way to end this night… I love my babies more than words could ever express.
No comments:
Post a Comment