I love the things that my toddler will say! It amazes me at the way her mind works and some of the crap she can come up with! I am getting better at answering the random little questions on the spot without later having to say “Well... What Mommy meant to say is……” That was not fun!
Today has yielded several of these conversations!! This morning she woke up and came running into Easton’s room to see us with the brightest little look on her face!! (Surprised me after the night we had)
Me: “Hey my angel, did you sleep like a baby last night?”
Her: (smile wiped off her face) “No Mom. Madi BIG girl.”
Me: “Im sorry Sis. You are Mommy’s big girl.” *sigh* What a great start to the day.
After hilarious questions, statements, Conversations like above, her sponge of a mind and of course her super radar ears Johnny and I have been somewhat (A LOT) more careful about the conversations we have. (Or at least we try…) But I have certainly learned a few lessons.
For instance, I've learned that cartoons these days ain't all that bad.
Her (out of nowhere): “No talk like that. Say is sowwy (sorry)”
Me: “What?”
Her: “Say is sowwy (sorry) Mom. That not nice.”
Me (thinking) Oh crap. She heard Johnny and I arguing. Great.
Me: “Madi…. Where did you hear that?”
Her: “Micky Mouse” (and points at the TV where they were having an episode about Donald being more nice to his friends!)
Me: “Oh,” (Phewwww… as I walk over to hug her up real tight!)
This is just further proof that the The Clubhouse gang are just as good of a parent as I am. And weirdly, I'm kind of OK with that. =)
Her: (loudly) “Shut Up” (as she is watching Toy Story and Easton is crying so
she is straining to hear it)
Me: “Madi, don’t say that. Those are NOT nice words!”
Her: “I sowwy (sorry) Mom.”
(pause)
Her: (looks at me) “Shut up…. Sigh… That not nice Mom.”
Me: “That's right. We should not use those words.”
Her: “Yeah.” (and casually resumes watching her movie)
We have this particular conversation on a daily basis lately. She gets her chance to tell me or Easton to “Shut up” and there is nothing I can do about it. She knows it. And I know it. I HATE being outwitted by a two year old.. Crap.
Im just glad Easton is not talking right now!! =)
awwe. i loved this one.!
ReplyDelete