Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Am From.....


I am so in love with my little minis!!! They are my whole heart and I cannot believe the rapid rate they are growing. Easton is 6 months old today. A whole half of a year. Stop. Seriously? Where did my little baby go? He is doing so much and learning so fast! Madileigh is really starting to take a big interest in him learning how to play... the way she wants of course! Yesterday she spent a good amount of time holding his hands and teaching him to sit and stand all while saying "You can do it Eeson.... I am soooo froud (proud) of you!" Oh and her other new thing now that he is mobile is to coax him down the hall into her room! She will literally lay in her doorway saying "C'Mon EEson... Come play in my rooooooom!!!" Talk about the little enabler! I wish she would just let him be little but at the same time I am so thankful that she loves him enough to spend this time with him even now!
It really is just mind boggling as I sit here and try to think about how fast the time has gone by! I remember the first smile, the first time we played outside, the first bath, the first time Madi gave him bruise, the first time he slept through the night, the first time he scooted off the rug by himself, the first time that little infectious giggle kicked up and now here he is trying to sit up and take off on all fours. My itty bitty baby is becoming a crawler. Pretty soon he will move up a whole picture on the side of the baby snacks. (Mommy's will know what I mean.)



But even tho I cant get over half of a finger big... Try a whole 2 and a half fingers big. Really?? My little sweet innocent baby girl. Im telling you that Madileigh is just a mess and a blessing in herself. She is starting to become very verbal and very observant at the same time! (Also a mess and a blessing) The things she says are absolutely hilarious! She gives us our daily laughs for sure! 




So, as I was thinking about blogging today, I started thinking about these two and a half years with my little princess and I wrote this for her. This is where we are in life right now. A list of the things that she says and does with us and as a family. I pray one day that she repeats these things and remembers doing them as a kid and this is for her to read back on and know that so many of the things I tell her and show her and do with her are the same things that I remember hearing and doing as a kid. These are things that stop me in my tracks and give me that awkward moment where you realize your mother's voice just came out of your mouth. These are the moments to be remembered. Some little things that can be carried on. The moments I cherish and some of  the moments I will always always smile back on.  

I Am From...
I am from hand me downs and recycled toys.
I am from newsprint on silly putty and spit up covered rugs from tummy time.
I am from comforter forts and flashlights.
I am from "This little light of mine..."
I am from a home where little brothers are awesome and adored!
I am from hot tempers and quick fuses.
I am from kneelers and holy Bibles and stories with more questions than answers.
I am from a home that believes in the freedom of the American dream.
I am from the hands of a mother showing me "here’s the church here’s the steeple".
I am from chests and drawers filled with locks of hair in envelopes and every saved holiday and birthday card.
I am from paintings of splatter and macaroni and Elmer’s glue artwork. 
I am from hand made holiday gifts and memories of smiles in photographic form.
I’m from “I’ve got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart.. Where??”
I am from frugal and long-lived, stubborn and tender.
I am from the never forgets and the rarely forgives.
I am from the quick to laugh at nothing. 
(Or cry at everything.)
I am from the butterfly bush and “The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar”.  
I am from pallet parties and staying up late.
I am from cupcakes and cookies and homemade birthday cakes.
I am from a closet to hide in filled with good ghosts and laughter. 
I am from pine needles in bare feet and sappy trunks for climbing.
I am from dressing up and high heels and fake food for breakfast from my play kitchen.
I am from midnight cuddles and small wonders.
I am full of toddler tales.
I am from a great great grandmother who they say I get my loudness from. 
(Just as my mother did before me).
I am from Who Dat games in the living room floor with a jersey that matches my Mommy.
I am from runs to the bay and feeding the ducks and walks to the landing and sunsets on the beach.
I am from swinging on the swing set and playing with my puppy Mickey Mouse.
I am from "Because I said so, That's why!"
I am from refusal to nap and M&M’s snacks.
I am from crayons left melting in the sun, colored Kool-Aid ice cubes and tying a sheet to the box fan to play pirates in the hallway.
I am from Magnolia Ave SE where my parents brought me home.
I am from the yard with my own queen seat tree carved with my "M", (the same tree my brother will learn to pee behind).
I am from lullabies and starry ceiling night lights.
I am from honesty and "thou shalt not lie..."
I am from fairytales and Bible stories.
I am from favorite movies of Toy Story and Rio and Tinkerbelle to hot dog dances with Mickey Mouse.
I am from grudge holders and people pleasers.
I am from “Guess what? Chicken butt!”
I am from baptism and believing and falling and receiving.
I am from General Mills with a prize inside.
I am from family trips to the beach to stick my toes in the sand and run salt water through my hands.
I am from “thunder thighs” and “where the horse bites the apple.”
I am from a home where shouting is fun!
I am from “slick chick” and “sassy britches”.
I am from pink painted walls and a hundred baby dolls.
I am from picture filled baby books and height markers on the wall.
I am from “family is everything” and Bless your meals.
I am from the not-so-calm, rushed and prone to yelling.
I am from colorful bows and tutus.
I am from “You Are My Sunshine!”
I am from love and laughter and all that life has to give.
I am from possibilities and chances and dreams and wishes. 
I am from a home where we love to the moon and back.
I am from a little girl who was once like me and never knew she would be so big so fast and be so completely happy.


Here are a couple of recent videos of the kiddos made over the last couple days:
 I don't know where she gets this stuff!
 He is getting too big!
 Gettin up but just can't get going!!
Lil enabler trying to get her brother into trouble lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment