Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year 2012



I'm not much of a resolution maker. Scrath that, I’m not much of a resolution keeper! It seems silly to me to make all of these "unrealistic promises", only to break them next week. Maybe I'm just not that self controlled? Who knows... But every year it’s the same thing. I always make a list of 10 to 20 resolutions so that when I do break one I just say “Oh well, I got 19 more to go…”

But what I do know is God has been good to me. His mercies are made new each and every morning. He has blessed me more than I deserve. With Him ALL things are possible. In 2011 He gave me a son! An amazing, handsome, sweet, loving, all-about-mommy, little butterball to love on son!! My family just seems so complete! My children are my saving grace and I am beyond thankful each and everyday for them!

As I begin this new year I am also thankful for salvation. I am thankful that I am on the Lord's team. I am thankful to be His child. I know that the days ahead will be full of smiles and tears and laughter and sorrow and joy and disappointment and mountains and valleys and sunshine and rain...all the things a new year brings. But with each passing day, I know I can rest assured that God's grace and mercy will be sprinkled in and around all that surrounds me. “On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand.”

And with that I say Happy New Year!!! This by far has been the best New Year’s eve ever! I spent the moments of midnight with both of my babies awake and in my lap in the rocking chair as we watched the pelican drop! It was priceless! I pray that I will see God's hand in every day of 2012. Press on to fight the good fight. Keep my eyes on the maker of the universe. Live this new year for the one who gave His life so that I could have life and have it more abundantly. For great will be our reward in heaven!    

So this year. I will resolve to actually do my new years resolutions....

and so i will make some of them super duper easy.... like...

1. I WILL resolve to get over 3,000 pins on pinterest.... (I am 2 shy of 2,000 right now). Extremely possible!!!

2. I resolve to cook dinner at least 4 times a week.

3. I resolve to run through it. Run through the good times. Run through the bad times. Run through the sad times. Run through the negative self-esteem. Run to keep my head clear and sane. & Run to improve my self worth.

4. I resolve to take better care of my physical health. (This is one I make and break every year.)

5. I resolve to blog more and keep up to date with the kids books.

6. I resolve to budget our money and keep both Johnny and myself on track with it.

7.  I resolve to grow my hair even longer. Starting right after I get a haircut this week! =)

8. I resolve to read Bible story after Bible story to Madileigh and answer every question she has so that she will start out on the right track and continue to embrace her curiosity for the Word of God!

9.  I resolve to stop saying curse words... or only say curse words at my husband (when extremely necessary) and/or a craft that is not behaving... Like the hot glue gun... and probably, maybe when I stub my toe because it hurts like the dickens.

10. I resolve to eat chocolate for breakfast... And maybe lunch on the days I am overwhelmed with sadness.

11. I resolve to play more board games. Well just more games in general. 

12. I resolve to do the laundry without complaining because I already know that if I don’t do it, it will not get done!

13. I resolve to get more sleep; & get my children more sleep. We will only stay up on pallet party nights and when I do not have to get up early! (This makes 4 out of 7 days of the week ha! Soooo possible!!!)

14. I resolve to make out with my husband more!!

15. I resolve to CRAFT MORE! 

16. I resolve to not hold grudges and try really hard to let go of things I hold against a few people so I am not fake to their face.

17. I resolve to not be so opinionated and judgmental of people.. out loud.. and especially at work! 

18. I resolve to truly accept the things I cannot change and move on from them. 

19. I resolve to let my children be spoiled and allow them to feel like they are the center of the universe! (My universe anyway!) 

20. I resolve to have a plan by the end of the year and pay it forward.

(My *real* resolutions involve dentist, pap smear, children’s immunizations and check-ups and all that fun jazz... but that's why I'm sticking to this first list!)











"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leigh Leigh! I absolutely love your blog! You should write a book! That's how good it is! I'm so glad we got to see y'all! Can't wait to see y'all again soon! Love and miss y'all bunches! Love Michayla!:)

    ReplyDelete