Currently under construction:
1. My body (again): It seems
as if my body has been under some sort of renovation project so many times in
its lifetime, that it's no wonder parts of me are starting to complain and wither.
I mean, really, how many times is one's tummy skin supposed to be expected to
actually suck back in to its original smoothness and tautness, between all the
preteen-chubby-years, adolescent crash diets, vacation-dieting, holiday weight
gain, post-holiday weight loss, pregnancy 1 and 2, and now the official "Its-A-New-Year-And-Summer-Will-Be-Here-Soon-So-I-Wanna-Be-Ultra-Skinny-So-I-Can-Wear-Cute-Bathing-Suits"
era...?
2. My backyard: (and my front
yard for that matter). Must be giving attention asap! We have company a lot too
so I’m not real sure why I left the yard get as bad as it is! Good thing our
friends aren’t very judgmental! (To our faces) =)
3. My family room: =) Not that
I want to rearrange it or anything because I like the open space but it is part
of my de-cluttering of the house project. Really I am just going to need to
find some sort of end-table-trunk! I do believe that will solve most of my
problems being that my floor is usually covered in toys!! Yep. Im pretty sure
that would be a great start!
4. My health: I have never
been big on Doctor’s appointments and needles and what not but because I
previously resolved to take care of myself in the new year I have reluctantly
scheduled my dental check-up, my girlie visit, my immunizations to catch up on
all the shots I avoided last year (YUCK) and my PT test! Yay me!
5. My personality: Yes, I have
come to the conclusion that for my very own benefit, I am currently desirous of
a slight personality makeover. A little therapy perhaps? Some meditation?
Pondering dramatically by the seashore? Wine with friends? High quality
conversation with Hubby over average-quality wine? Yes, please. All of the
above. I need to get a better handle on how I handle everyday stress, everyday
life, and live more in the moment. (This item on the list, interestingly
enough, is kinda like #1...When it comes to my butt or my attitude, I think there
is always room for improvement.)
6. This blog: Well, I don't
know if I can honestly drape this place with the "Caution: Construction
Zone" tape, since I'm not here enough to actually justify wearing a hard
hat. But this little blog, my little blog, is still here...and I'm still
here...rebuilding, remodeling, reinventing.
No comments:
Post a Comment