I woke up this morning glad that I could be
here when my babies get up. (Im working the evening shift). But I got up before
them. I stared at each of them, took a picture of how beautiful they sleep,
read my page in 'Jesus Calling', a devotion book I got for Christmas and then
sat down with my coffe. I decided to look up Tripp's blog and check on his
progress. And then I was brought to tears.
For a long time now I have been following the
story of baby Tripp and his struggle to hold on. In a way I guess I was drawn
to his story after knowing the pain of a child's death after sweet Karson. His
mother is incredibly strong as is most women I know who have lost a child. Her
words and her faith are inspiring. I have shared her blog a few times and can't
possibly imagine (and pray I never have to) be in her shoes and have the
conviction she possesses. God used her and baby Tripp to touch many lives. More
lives than they could have imagined.
This makes me think of sweet Karson every time.
I look at my brother and Val sometimes and just don't know how they go on but
they do. And they don't put it behind them. They remember and they feel it and
yet they are raising two babies and loving life with smiles on their faces.
Karson is still a favorite subject and his stories come up every time one of
these babies does something he did. He will never be forgotten. God sends
families like theirs and like Tripp's to be secret missionaries. I truly
believe this. It takes a special heart to keep breathing after having to endure
the unthinkable in laying your baby to rest. God chooses these hearts very
carefully and then he wraps his arms around them and keeps them beating.
Karson and Tripp and all sweet innocent babies
like them who are taken all too soon are heroes. Because through their short
time here they helped so many people to see that God's plans and purposes are
higher than our own. While we are on earth we need to love and care for each
other. They are my heroes for giving me a fresh outlook, each time I think of
them, on our life's purpose, on what matters most... loving Chirst and loving
others!
When Karson was taken from us, I remember Val
telling me not to take a single day for granted. I remember that look in her
eyes and when you see such truth behind words you can't help but silently
promise yourself that you will strive with all you have to love those around
you with all you have. The wonderful giggles and happy memories make me excited
for the time when we can celebrate with Karson again.
These stories are powerful and never forgotten.
Stories like this make reality seem almost neat, purposeful, meaningful, and
that's one of the reasons why our brains love stories. In each of these the
details may change so that it sounds like a new story. Like the sudden unknown
passing of sweet Karson and the struggle and strength to hold on of sweet
Tripp. But every story has a theme. Its is a journey or quest for a mother to
find comfort and mercy and strength. It is good vs evil. It is trial vs
triumph.
These stories give us faith that God is in
control and that we should celebrate the amazing and short life these precious
angels lived. It is hard when such tragedy hits to see the bigger picture and
it is amazing when people are able to do that. I was not. When Karson died, I
remember Val having to tell me when I was the one with all the doubt "that
God only takes the best." and that "Karson was too perfect for this
world." It is hard to understand the joy of the situation knowing that
there is no more pain, no more suffering, no more doubt. Just the love of a
Father with the little ones he loves. I remember singing "Jesus loves me
this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They
are weak but he is strong!" over and over and over to Madileigh. We are
His. We are always and forever His children and we must trust with all our
heart that His plan for lives will be right and well in the end.
I have a heart for people who are hurting and I
can't imagine the physical pain Tripp's mother feels today as she has to lay
her sweet baby to rest. She shared her baby's story with the world not knowing
the effect it would have. She touched many lives and many people are praying
for her strength and peace. She was always honest about her faith and where she
stood and the questions she had. This honesty is appreciated and admired by all
who came to know Tripp's story.
This is one of my favorites bands and a song I heard this week,
which seems all too appropriate now:
All Who are Thirsty
~Kutless
All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Just come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of His mercy
As the deep cries out to deep
We sing, come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Just come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of His mercy
As the deep cries out to deep
We sing, come Lord Jesus come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
Come Lord Jesus, come
(Won't You come?)
(Won't You come?)
Nothing but Your will for me
I am only free in You
Nothing but Your will for me
I am only free in You, God
Come Lord Jesus, come
(Nothing but Your will for me)
(I am only free in You)
Come Lord Jesus, come
(Nothing but Your will for me)
(I am only free in You)
Come Lord Jesus, come
(Nothing but Your will for me)
(I am only free in You)
Come Lord Jesus, come
He who testifies to these things says,
"Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
~Revelation 22:20


Leigh, I love reading your blogs, this one has brought an abundance of tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine the pain and sorrow of having to go through something like this. I know how heavy my heart was the night that they told us they were going to let us hold Zach and tell him goodbye and that we loved him while he was dying, but our God had different plans for his life. Your faith and the ability to write truly amazes me in one so young. You are truly a testimony to many people. Thank you for your blog today, it made me stop feeling sorry for myself and what is going on in my life. God Bless you and your little family. Regina Daughdrill.
ReplyDelete